Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Word Art Wednesday Guest Designer ~ Week 2

Hello and welcome to my second week as Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday.
Today's verse comes to you from the book of Luke chapter 1, verse 14.

And REJOICE we shall!!

For this card, I made it into a shaker card. I used PTI's Petite Places Nativity to create the background scene that goes perfectly with this scripture. Once the shaker part was done I added this lacy holly die that my sweet friend Marcia sent me and added a few red stickles berries to the vine.

Here's a better picture of the scene without all the shakery stuff getting in the way.

I actually made two cards using this scripture because the first one didn't come out as good as I had hoped.

I like this card much better. I used WPlus9's Merry & Bright and some pine sprigs cut from a Martha Stewart punch.

Thanks so much to Karen and her highly talented group of designers for allowing me the honor of joining them. I am both humbled and thrilled to be part of this amazing team this month!
Be sure to stop my the Word Art Wednesday challenge blog to join in on the fun!

I'm also adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

10 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Birgit, this is one gorgeous set of cards! I adore how you did the windows in them. They are both very beautiful! The little nativity is just precious and the holly "frame" just works beautifully. The candle in the window on the second card is delightful, the colors are so amazing!!! I just love these and am thrilled to have the idea to add to my mental notebook. :) Hugs and congrats on another super week! Autumn

Melissa L. said...

These are beautiful, Birgit. Really gorgeous. Congratulations on being the GT for December at Word Art Wednesday. :)

Natalie said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards, from the stitching to the die cuts, FABULOUS!

Marcia Hill said...

I really like both of these cards Birgit! I mean how can you not like a shaker card, right?!! And the holly frames the nativity so beautifully, and then the verse is just the icing on the cake...SO lovely!! And the candle card is just gorgeous too! Love the colors you used and just the whole bouquet that's surrounding the candle...another beauty!! :0)

Linda said...

Oh my Birgit, such gorgeous cards. Love both of them.

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Love them both, fantastic shaker cards. Your die cuts are amazing! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your cards are beautiful, Birgit! The nativity is so gorgeous! Shaker cards are always so fun! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful cards...both are so pretty and perfect for Christmas! Thank you for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Anna-Karin said...

These are so pretty!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!!

Amanda said...

This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!